He is the creator of the internationally renowned YOUTH FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT MODEL – the first ever, age-appropriate, progressive programme of training for youth footballers.
One of his football books, “Developing Youth Football Players,” is the official textbook of The Spanish Football Federation and The Football Federation of Australia, and has sold over 100,000 copies worldwide, to date.
Horst has majored in the ground-breaking concept of Game Intelligence, since 2002, having written and lectured extensively on the topic in four continents.
He has served as The Head Coach of Nike Club UK from 2000-2003.
EUROPEAN CLUBS (Consulted For)
FC Barcelona – Inter Milan – Arsenal – Sunderland – Leeds United
Schalke 04 – Bayer Leverkusen-MSV Duisburg-Mainz 05 – St. Pauli
Villareal – Real Sociedad – FC Alavés-VFB Stuttgart – VFL Osnabruck
CONSULTING FOR NATIONAL FEDERATIONS
Spain – England – Germany – Scotland – Denmark – Finland
See more below..
OTHER CLUBS WORLDWIDE
FC Kenkre, Mumbay, India – ANZA, Singapore
|Club America||Santa Fe||Alianza Lima|
|Universida de Futbol “Pachuca”||Escuela Nacional de Deporte||Universitario de Deportes de Lima|
|Rayados de Monterrey||Deportivo Cali||Sporting Cristal|
|FC Laguna Torreon|
|Club Atlético Peñarol de Montevideo||Universidad Católica de Chile||Liga Universitaria Quito
|Club de Fútbol Nacional de Montevideo|
- UNITED NATIONS-Program of Development and Peace-PNUDP for South American football schools
- Unión Centroamericana de Fútbol (UNCAF)
CONSULTING NATIONAL FEDERATIONS:
- Royal Spanish Football Federation (Centre of Studies, Research and Development of Football, CEDIF)
- Football Association of England
- German Football Federation (Deutscher Fussball Bund,DFB)
- Scottish Football Association
- Northern Ireland Institute of Coaching, (NIIC)
- Danish Football Union
- Finish Football Association
- International Educational Management Systems (Finland)
- National Soccer Coaches Association of America, NSCAA (USA)
- US Youth Soccer Association
- Lousiana Soccer Association (USA)
- Youth Football Federation of Uruguay
- INAF- Instituto Nacional de Fútbol (INAF) de Chile
- Federación Costarricense de Fútbol (Costa Rica)
- Federación Nacional Autónoma de Fútbol de Honduras
- Federacíon Salvadoreña de Fútbol (El Salvador)
- Federación Peruana de Fútbol (Peru)
- Escuela Superior de Entrenadores de Fútbol, (Perú)
- Federación Mexicana de Fútbol (Mexico)
- Escuela Nacional de Directores Técnicos-ENDIT,( Mexico )
- Federación Colombiana de Fútbol (Colombia)
- Football Association of Zambia
- Federación de Fútbol del Norte de Maruecos (Morocco)
BOOKS AND PUBLICATIONS
Author of 34 sports text books (mainly Hockey and Football), one Multimedia Football Coaching Course, one Hockey CD, 3 videos, one DVD about developing game intelligence in youth footbal and numerous articles in magazines and web pages, some in Spanish, Korean, Greek, German, English, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Portugese, Finish, Danish, and Russian.
LECTURING/COACHING ALL SPORTS
- Coaching assignments in 5 Olympic sports in 53 countries
- Lecturer at the “Centre of research and development” (CEDIF) of the Royal Spanish Football Federation and of the Andalusian Football Federation since 1995
- Masters degree in Physical Education from “Deutsche Sporthochschule Köln
- Lecturer in Physical Education at “Universitat Munster, Techn. Universitat Munchen and at the “Instituto Nacional de Educación Física” in Barcelona
- Technical Director of Royal Spanish Hockey Federation between 1973-84 and Coach of the national team which won the 2nd Eurohocky Nations Championship in 1974 and an Olympic Silver Medal.
- First Western coach to be invited by the Soviet Union to train their top athletes
- Master Coach of the International Hockey Federation (FIH)
- Director of the Sports Department of the Organizing Committee of the XX. Olympics in Munich and in the organisation of the Asian Games in Teheran
- Regular cooperation with the Olympic Solidarity Committee