Printed Manual available Click on the image to the left to find out more or purchase
An optimal programme to develop the creative potential of 7-9 year old players
– Experience the “renaissance of street football” in the 21st century.
– Be the best coach you can be while creating a player-centred environment where young talent flourishes.
– Introduce your players to game intelligence while establishing their technique, in a player-centred and game-oriented programme.
A complete easy-to-use manual for coaches and parents to help them to unlock the enormous creative potential of millions of young children, exposing them to the healthiest drug available: The Game of Football
Start your kids on a great football journey of discovery
- 32 official games
- (+47 variations)
- 24 Preparatory/corrective games
- Packed with 40+ colour illustrations
- Easy to read and implement
- Season programme of competitions
- Games and tests your players will love
- A clear guide to coaching this age
FUNiño is the introductory module of Futbol a la medida del nino, the world famous “Youth Football Development Model” by Horst Wein and represents a significant breakthrough in youth football coaching. The magic formula of playing 3v3 on 4 goals introduces width, options, perception and decision-making – laying a solid foundation for Game Intelligence.
BENEFITS OF FUNiño
FUNiño recognizes that playing is like breathing to children, necessary for their physical and mental well-being!
Optimal pitch size and player numbers, 4 goals out wide and simple rules means:
· The game is easy to understand and learn
· Experiencing success brings greater confidence, enjoyment and motivation
· More touches on the ball, more goals, more 1v1s and 2v1s
· Lots of dribbling, then when they get tired, lots of passing
· Establishes all the basic skills – controlling, passing, dribbling, shooting and tackling
· The player has plenty of opportunity to “be in love with the ball,” to improvise and to take risks without fear of making mistakes
· Greater participation as each player is vital in a 3 person team
· Goals out wide improves perception, peripheral vision and spatial awareness
· Reduces crowding or swarming
· More time and space to think and make decisions
· Great variety of games within a familiar structure keeps it interesting for everyone
· The positive environment of discovery instead of instruction is much more stimulating than traditional coaching style
· Smaller players make up for their physical disadvantages through clever play
· Rolling substitutions and equal playing time benefits everyone
· Frequent repetition of basic game situations gives greater opportunity to master them
· Two goals at each end create options which stimulates creativity and improvisation
· Develops support play and off-the-ball play
· Learning takes place in a fully-integrated holistic environment, just as in the game itself. There is no isolation or separation of technical, tactical or physical elements
· Usually everyone scores a goal!
More goals, more action, more FUN!
Lifestyle and character benefits:
· Active Lifestyle – combats the impact of sedentary lifestyle and obesity
· Confidence and self esteem – through more successful actions and positive environment
· Endeavour and perseverance – learn to never give up
· The Ability to Think – invaluable for education and life
· Emotional Control – contentment and satisfaction through play
· Better social relations – friendships and teamwork and a place to belong
· Fair Play – respect for other children, adults and regulations
Coaches, from the earliest involvement in the game, get to learn a modern player-centred, game-oriented, guided discovery approach and can grow with their players in their understanding of the game. The coach becomes a guide stimulating the players through his skilful use of the games, variations, effective questioning and constant encouragement.